ESSENTIALS-2 is a Bundle of 5 videos that focuses on key skills every IT Manager must have to achieve success. Each video includes a FREE DOWNLOAD of the e-book that discusses the topic in more detail plus tools and templates designed to help you implement the concepts discussed in each book. Use the tools “as is” or customize for your specific needs.These five skills are absolutely critical for IT manager success.
1. IT Assessment – The first step in any manager role is to conduct an assessment to determine what you should work on. This class will walk you through step by step how to conduct a thorough IT assessment so you are laser focused on what your team needs to focus on to support the business.
2. IT Strategy – Developing, communicating and executing an IT strategy is a critical part of managing an effective IT Support Organization. A big part of developing an IT strategy is prioritizing the work. I show you how to develop a strategy and give you an example of the IT Strategy I developed for the last company I worked for. In addition, I include key steps to help you deliver your IT Strategy to senior management so you get approved what you need to move forward.
BONUS VIDEO – Prioritizing IT work can be difficult and challenging so I’m including a recent video developed titled, Prioritizing IT Projects. This BONUS training gives you insight and tools to help you prioritize projects effectively and can make a positive difference in your IT strategy efforts.
3. Practical Project Management – The key to IT credibility is delivering projects successfully. This is one of the most important aspects of achieving IT manager success. This video package gives you a simple project management process plus key tools to help you manage projects better than ever before. It will literally set you apart from others and get you recognized as a manager who can do what he says he will do.
4. IT Budgeting Made Simple – Budgeting does not need to be labor intensive and tedious. I’ll give you a process and tips that makes budgeting simpler, easier, and faster to do than you probably think possible. Plus, your budgets will be achievable which is something a lot of your peers will want to learn from you when this starts happening. Included are budget tools to help you streamline the process.
5. IT Organization – Building an appropriate IT Organization to meet the needs and issues discovered in your IT Assessment work becomes important rather quickly. In this video, I’ll give you a process and insights to help you build an effective team and to “right-size” your IT organization.